1a. DNA Sequencing Services (by Sanger):
DNA Seq or RNA Seq by NGS (Next Generation Sequencing)
- Long range (LR) DNA sequencing done with the newest version of the ABI 3730 capillary machine, readable bases up to 1,000 and longer. DNA sequencing price depends on the service.
- Turnaround time is 24 hours for most sequencing. Free pick up is offered for local companies, if the order is over five reactions.
- Quality Guarantee: If desired, one free sequencing repeat is offered per reaction.
- Sequencing trace data and/or text files will be sent via email.
- BATJ offers a comprehensive range of next generation sequencing services utilizing Thermo Fisher's Ion PGM and Illumina's HiSeq 2500 platforms to deliver fast, reliable and high quality results. HiSeq 2500 can produce over 300 million reads with "Rapid Run" mode, and 2 billion reads with "High-Output" mode. It is much better for RNA-SEQ, CHIP-Seq, Exome-Seq and many others. Detail of NGS service is on Flyer of NGS Service.
- NGS applications of Ion PGM : Ion Ampliseq (50-gene Cancer panel etc.); Metagenomic Sequencing (16s rRNA); Targeted Resequencing; SNP Discovery and Verification; Genotyping By Sequencing; Antibody Repertoire Sequencing (Ig-seq) and so on.
***BATJ also developed a special low-cost and high-throughput sequencing service for whole plasmids or PCR fragments (PPS service). The advantages of PPS service over conventional ones are:
1. Determine the complete sequence of circular or linear DNA molecules in a single run, no more walking primers to design and synthesis
2. Ideal for unknown plasmid structure or whole plasmid identification after modification
3. Suitable for a wide range of difficult templates (repetitive regions, strong secondary structures, GC rich )
4. Reference sequence preferred, but not required
5. Deep coverage of the whole DNA sequence (>100x)
6. Up to 96 barcoded samples per chip run
7. Fast turnaround time (usually 3-5 business days)
- NGS applications of HiSeq-2500
:Whole-Transcriptome Sequencing (RNA-Seq), mRNA-Seq, de novo Genome Sequencing, Metagenomic Sequencing, Copy Number Analysis, DNA-Protein Interaction Analysis (ChIP-Seq), DNA Methylation analysis.
(1). For your convenience, one "NGS Request Form" is available in Excel Format. It can be downloaded for easy editing at
"NGS Request Form-Excel version". Please download and fill out the form, then email or submit with your DNA samples.
(2). To read NGS data: The James Hutton Institute offers a free software, 'Tablet', which is currently available for Windows (32 bit) or Windows (64 bit); Linux (32 bit) or Linux (64 bit); or MAC OS X. Customer could download and install on local computer to read the NGS final analyzed data. Please download "NGS-Tablet-sample files" to load into the Tablet software and to learn its fuctions.
2. Fragment Analysis Service:
3. DNA Preparation Service:
- BATJ Inc.'s excellent protocol for fragment analysis is performed with 3730xl DNA Analyzer.
5. Primer Synthesis:
- Site-directed mutagenesis for any combination of mutation within a 4 base-frame. The price includes quick change reaction, transformation, mini-prep and sequencing verification.
- Turnaround time is 3 to 5 workdays in most cases.
- DNA template and identified sequencing data will be sent back to customer.
- When ordering, email the original and modified sequence of the construct to "firstname.lastname@example.org" indicating the specific base(s) changes. Please provide plasmid information such as antibiotic resistance and the sequencing primer for sequencing confirmation. Please call to arrange pick up of the plasmid DNA.
- Prices: For each mutagenesis is $299.
* If do more than one change is desired, call us for discount pricing.
6. Cloning and subcloning Service:
- BATJ offers high quality longer oligos (up to 120 bases) for gene synthesis, cloning, mutagenesis quick change, primer walking sequencing, and PCR applications. Our synthesis machine has a real time trityl monitor which guarantees product quality and no lost bases during synthesis.
Primer prices depend on the scale, number of bases, and purification level.
Turnaround time is normally 24 hours, two additional days for PAGE purification and HPLC purification.
7. Protein Expression (Bacterial):
- Clone an insert of interest into a vector provided by the customer. The cloned gene will be sequenced upon completion for verification. Sequencing data and mini-prep will be sent back to the customer. Other prep services are available at additional cost.
- Please send vector and insert information such as the size, restriction enzyme sites, antibiotic resistance, etc. via email to email@example.com. For more information or for pick-up service, please call us.
- Prices: Cloning is $599; Subcloning is $499
* If do more than one cloning service is desired each time, call us for discount price.
8. Fibercell System:
- Cloning into Expression pET Vector:
Clone (subclone) interest gene into a pET expression vector. The cloned gene will be verified by sequencing. The final editing sequence data and mini-prep DNA will be sent back to the customer.
Please provide 1 ug of containing the gene of interest plasmid DNA and complete vector sequence in electronic format.
- Identification of Expression Positive Clones:
Transfer pET plasmid containing the gene into a BL21 (DE3).Over-express target small scale protein. Test recombinant protein by SDS-PAGE and western Blot (customer must provide appropriate antibodies).
Please provide 1 ug of pET plasmid containing interest gene and complete vector sequence in electronic format.
- Large-scale Culture:
Make one liter or more of bacterial culture induced with an IPTG inducer and harvest cell pellet for protein purification.
Please provide expression positive clone(E.coli glycerol stock or plate)
BATJ provide a best way to grow cells with Fibercell Systems. It can be used for large quantity production of Monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, lymphocyte and virus..
For monoclonal antibodies, the hollow fiber bioreactor could produce about 50 to 400 mg of antibody per month from standard hybridoma cell lines using the small/medium sized reactor. The advantage of this system is that antibody production can be performed in chemically defined media (no proteins at all) resulting in pure hydridoma generated antibody with no antibody contamination from fetal bovine serum or mouse ascities.